Happy New Year!!
Steph and I hope that you had a wonderful Christmas break
2022 looks like it is going to be a better year, hopefully getting back to some kind of normality, although as you will see from the photo's below we did manage to get to see a few of you last year, and hopefully we will get to see a few more of you this year.
Steph is going to kick us off with her trip to Festival of Quilts (or The Festival of Quilts - Part 2:).
In August, I visited The Festival of Quilts in Birmingham. I have already shown you some of the beautiful quilts I saw whilst I was there, and I never managed to write a Part 2 to the original blog. So below are a few more quilts I didn't want you to miss.....
1. MD31 - Kelly Orr - Kitchen Sink Quilting
2. MD8 - Sarah Cornelius - Scrap Mountains
3. CT22 - Mistianne M. Guzman - Life, the Universe and Quilting
4. MD51 - Hilary Jackson - The Circle Quilt
5. MD32 - Joanne Crossland - Kenny & Dolly
6. MD18 - Tatyana Duffie - Stag Nation: New and Improved
Here are some Winners of the different categories.
1. PT39 - Juana Castañeda Romera - Los dos anos de Paula
2. TN42 - Sachiko Chiba - Flower News
3. NV4 - Nicole Rollo - Coleus Confusion Wonder
4. TP10 - Vendulka and Olivier Battais - Our Ladies
5. PT17 - Claudia Pfeil - In Full Bloom
6. GR3 - Bristol Quilters members - Bristol Quilters Ruby Celebration.
Tales of The Knitting and Stitching Show: by Nicola & Steph
In October 2021, Daisy and Grace were at The Knitting and Stitching Show at Alexandra Palace.
Although I was a little nervous there was no need to be, all 4 of us having spent nearly a week in a building with hundreds of people and none of us got Covid and boy did we meet a lot of you which was fantastic.
It was so well organised and everyone was keen to get out and revel in their passion of knitting and stitching.
Behind the stall you can see me and my husband Dave aka Mr D & G.